Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Little Sayings that Mean A Lot

It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding. 

~Erma Bombeck~

I really like this quote by Erma Bombeck, because I can see how it is true in my life as a Mommy.

Before children the sounds of a little one's screams in a crowded restaurant did not magically pass through my "Mommy Brain Noise Filter."

Being a Mom helps us have an instant understanding of what other parents around us may be going through on any day.

Having children is truly like having your heart walk around outside of your body and it urges us to love more and connect with others.








“There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one” 

~Jill Churchill~

As Mommies we often struggle with wanting things to be perfect, but perfection is not always the best practice.  In our house good is warmer, sometimes messier, but often much sweeter than perfect.

My dear friend Susan, who also has three boys, painted the cutest sign for me that gives me a little bit of inspiration everyday.  

It sits in my kitchen and reminds me that things need not be so perfect, that good is indeed O.K., and that the world is not going to end if I stop to play with my boys instead of organizing the linen closet or letting a few hand prints wait a while longer.

Click picture to close

Here's hoping you will find that little something extra today that helps fill your heart and inspires you, as you continue the day in and day out of this most important job assignment of being Mommy.  


 

 

 



No comments: