Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oh Holy Fight

I love the song Oh Holy Night. It is absolutely one of my favorite Christmas songs. My good friend Carol sang this song at our December wedding in 1998.  It just brings back such wonderful memories for me.

Now, I have a new memory.
Today my five year old decided to change the words to Oh Holy Fight.  Here's his new rendition.

 

Oh Holy fight
The stars are bright and tooting
It is the night of a night to fight

Long lay a girl
She fights to fight a Power Ranger
The red one, a Power Ranger and Santa too.



This boy song has not ruined my favorite carol, but how did we get from Oh Holy Night to include a Power Ranger, Santa, and they all fight it out?

I will never completely know.  This is my world.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Perfect post! I, too, have been reflecting on what a beautiful song O Holy Night is. My favorite line is "a thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn!"

And don't boys think they're so funny? Mine learned a second "Batman smells" verse to Jingle Bells (beyond the original Batman smells verse from our day) this year...not my proudest moment, but they sure think it's funny!