Sunday, August 15, 2010

Green Eggs and Ham Turns 50


Many of you love the classic Dr. Seuss book Green Eggs and Ham.  According to Publisher's Weekly it is the fourth largest selling children's book of all time.


On August 12th the rhyming tale turned 50.  


Green Eggs and Ham was even on my wedding registry.  This may seem odd, but so many reasons to love this book and to hope for it as a wedding gift.


Of course I was marrying a Sam who's own Mom sweetly made him green eggs and ham as a child.


I envisioned reading it to my future kiddos.


We were registering at Target and I was scanner happy and there was the book with Sam's name on in it..well Sam-I-Am and me with the scanner..giddy..engaged girl..etc..etc.. 


Thanks to my friend and co-worker Syrenthia we got our copy of Green Eggs and Ham for our wedding  with this sweet inscription.
To Heather & Sam-I-Am,
May you enjoy many years of green eggs and ham together as husband and wife.  
Love Syrenthia

Click on this link to enjoy a video about the history of this childhood and child-at-heart favorite Dr. Seuss classic.

No comments: