Monday, April 12, 2010

Fruit Flush 3 Day Detox

Maybe you have heard about fruit or juice fasting and wondered if you might give it a try.  You hear about the benefits both physically and spiritually.   

So when we stumbled upon a book at Whole Foods about a Fruit Flush 3 Day Detox it sounded like it might be a good thing to try the week leading up to Easter and maybe lose a few pounds as well.


The $5.00 book is written by Jay Robb a clinical nutritionist and owner of his own health food line.  His picture on front of the book and his website looks a little "As Seen on TV", but I figured Whole Foods must trust his advice and when we read through it seemed healthy and sound.

The author claims the diet will rid you of toxins and fats and help you lose up to 9 pounds in those three days.  I had serious doubts since I have been trying hard with diet and exercise to lose the very last 10 pounds of my baby weight.

The fruit flush was to last for three days and consisted of the first day of drinking protein shakes in the morning.  You drink 6 ounces every two hours and then at dinner you have a salad with a lean protein.

Day One my hubby and I didn't feel hungry at all, but we did go to bed at 9 p.m., which was nice to get some additional rest.

Day Two consisted of only a fruit serving every two hours and then a salad for dinner with avocado and veggies.

Day Two was harder for me.  I started to get a headache from not drinking my morning coffee, but not too badly.  I started to look forward to the fruit and was definitely looking forward to our evening salad.

Day Three is more fruit and also a salad and protein and veggies for dinner. We were very proud to have completed the Fruit Flush.  We were still craving fruit even after we completed it and we had more energy and I could tell a difference in my skin.  I also decided to try decaf or half-calf coffee for now.

I did not look at the dreaded scale until a week later.  When I hopped on I had lost a total of 9 pounds.  It was a good experience and a nice way to jump start my spring health and fitness program.  Just thought to share this with you in case you are looking for a healthy kick start.  Here's to good health!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Impressive! That might be just what I need...don't have a Whole Foods here...guess I'll check out the website tomorrow. Way to go!