Saturday, December 5, 2009

Peppermint Mocha for the Soul


After picking up my oldest son from school, we decided to have a Friday treat. I turned Dora the Ford Explorer towards our neighborhood Starbucks for a little late afternoon pick-me-up. Dora the Ford Explorer knows the way to carry the sleigh because she has been there more times than I should count on here. Then we could do the math of how much money I could save by brewing my coffee at home. Anyway....the boys were pumped because they knew a Friday treat was on the way. This Friday it was hot chocolate, the kid's version 8 ozs, the perfect size, yum.

So, Mommy pulls up to the window and I usually get a Tall Cafe Americano. I know it is boring, but very economical and healthier. But on this Friday I am feeling festive, I don't know if it is the traffic or the 90 foot Santa in front of me or the fact that I don't know if I can smell hot chocolate in the back seat and not covet it. I ask the sale representative about the holiday coffees. She asks if I have tried the Peppermint Mocha Coffee, I tell her I have not, and so begins a new era in my Friday treat extravaganza.

Peppermint Mocha is so good! Why have you all not told me about it sooner? I don't even want to know how many calories are in it, that will spoil my Christmas cheer, but oh my goodness it is really good. What do they put in it? I only got a tall, but can only imagine what a grande would be like.

My special coffee was like a little Friday hug. (I know, You can roll your eyes now) The boys loved the hot chocolate, Mommy loved her festive coffee, it was a win, win as Dora the Ford Explorer drove out of sight, shall I finish the rest?

3 comments:

Trudy said...

I love to read your website...it make me feel warm and fuzzy (and a fuels a desire to head straight to Starbucks)...and your love of motherhood and life is so apparent!

Mike said...

My friend Jackie had one this weekend too. It sounded like it was the highlight of her weekend. They must be good!

Bobby said...

It IS wonderful- I feel the exact same way about the first time I tried it- perfect way to kickoff the Christmas season! FYI- Nestle CoffeeMate makes a holiday creamer called Peppermint Mocha that is pretty good as well:)