Thursday, July 1, 2010

Freedom

I just have to share what my Middle B'ee said today.  He is an arts and crafts kind of guy and when the mood strikes him he is always ready to create in the moment.

He took some old Christmas ribbon, beads, and string and set out to make a creation.  He never knows exactly what he is making, but always seems to have great ideas.

He punched a hole in a piece of the ribbon strung it on his string and put one solitary green bead as a compliment to his masterpiece.

When I tried to get him to put more beads, he simply said to me, "No, Mom, it's finished."

Then I turned around and saw the Christmas ribbon was a different shape, he explained to me that he had cut it and cut it to get it just right.

He said,  "Mom, it's freedom.  Freedom to cut, you know Mom, and make it what I want it to be."

Well said.

He reminded me of how thankful I am that we have freedom to cut and make it what we want it to be in our daily lives.

 I am immensely thankful for all those who made it possible for us to live in freedom, dance in freedom, work in freedom, and worship with freedom.

Freedom, what a beautiful word.

No comments: